The Greater Watertown - North Country Chamber of Commerce is in communication with the Jefferson County Public Health Service regarding COVID-19 status, and at this time, there are no advised restrictions on meetings and gatherings in Jefferson County. We are working with each facility where we plan to hold upcoming events to ensure everything possible is done to prevent spread of disease, from food serving aspects to ensuring restroom supplies are adequate.
We do ask that participants who plan to attend our events practice good personal health habits through these everyday preventive actions which will greatly help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and include:
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the U.S.
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information for Travel
- What to do if you are sick with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
New York State Department of Health
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Update on COVID-19 for New York State Schools (Pre-K — 12)
- During Coronavirus Briefing, Governor Cuomo Signs $40 Million Emergency Management Authorization for Coronavirus Response (March 3, 2020)