The mission of the Chamber is to continually increase the economic strength and quality of life in the region by helping members grow and prosper, by supporting existing businesses, and by assisting in attracting and developing new businesses. We do this providing benefits to our members that save them money, bring them new customers, and help educate and train the local workforce. We are constantly seeking more ways that we can support our growing membership.
The Greater Watertown-North Country Chamber is the only organization in the county that advocates on behalf of the business community locally, in Albany and in Washington. We currently have over 700 members, almost half of all the businesses in the county, and are expanding daily. The Chamber encourages businesses to join so that we can build more strength as a buying consortium, and so that we can fairly represent the views and opinions of the business community in Jefferson County. Here are some facts that will give you a better overall understanding of the Chamber.
The GWNC Chamber has over 700 members, affecting more than 22,000 employees in the North Country
The GWNC Chamber is a not-for-profit business association, not a government agency or a charitable organization
Your investment in the GWNC Chamber is a tax deduction for most businesses
The GWNC Chamber encompasses Watertown and communities throughout Jefferson, Lewis, St. Lawrence, Oswego counties, and Canada
The membership consists of 90% small businesses
The GWNC Chamber has a 10 member full-time team working on your behalf throughout the year
The GWNC Chamber provides financial savings, networking opportunities, and educational programs for its members
We hope that you will consider joining the Greater Watertown-North County Chamber of Commerce.
To discuss joining the chamber, please contact us at the Chamber Office (315)788-4400 or email our Director of Membership Development.
• FREE use of the Chamber’s Bulk Mailing Permit- Many members already utilize this service, but many do not. If your business mails a large amount, this might be a benefit for you. On average businesses can save up to 50% on their mailing costs and for non-profit businesses, 75% off. To utilize this service, stop by the Chamber for a bulk mailing form and a copy of the stamp. This could be printed on your marketing materials or by hand, ink stamped. If you have not taken advantage of this benefit, please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
• Energy Alliance- The Chamber in conjunction with EnergyNext offers to its members a chamber only energy savings program. The energy program is a no obligation, cost-free program that can save a percentage off your monthly bill. The percentage is based upon your businesses monthly cost and is estimated on an individual basis. National Grid subscribers have reported a savings. The program starts with your permission for EnergyNext consultants to look at your previous billing. They will then come back to you with your potential savings, you can choose to then either enroll in the free program or not. This is an opportunity to compare without any commitment.
• Certificate of Origin Service- Does your business ship/do business internationally? If so, we offer an Origin Service. This certifies the chamber to sign and verify that your business is "Manufactured Locally Certified." Any staff member at the Chamber can sign and stamp any document your business is sending internationally.
• FREE Use of Ribbon Cutting Supplies- Planning a huge event, opening a new office, or a grand re-opening after new construction? All chamber members can use our large scissors and ribbon for their special event. We will also send a Chamber staff member to the event and post photos of the event in the newsletter and on our Facebook page.
• Membership Listing in the Chamber Business Directory- The directory is printed annually and is distributed to New Members each month, relocation packets, visitor packets, every current member, on Fort Drum, and at various trade shows.
• Monthly Members Only Promotional Opportunities- Each month members only have the option to send content for the newsletter, participate in events, and event specific promotional opportunities.
• Discount on Continuing Education Classes at JCC- All members and employees can receive $5 Off any non-credit Continuing Education class at Jefferson Community College.
• Other Member-to-Member Discounts- Other Members also offer member only discounts. These are exclusive to members of the Chamber only. Your business can offer a discount as well if interested.
• Licensed Notary Public on staff
• FREE Community Profile & Statistics
• FREE Members Only Decal for Window Display
• Referrals Exclusive to Chamber Members
• FREE Posting of Job Opportunities and Coupons for the Community
• FREE Advertisment in Watertown Daily Times- A $146 value, each new member will recieve a FREE Watertown Daily Times
• FREE Full Color Email Ad Emailed to ALL Chamber Members- A $40 value, email a full color ad that links to a website, facebook page, or
document of choice.
• Introduction Profile in the New Members Section of the Chambers Newsletter- Describe your business and your products and services in the NEW Member section
of the Chamber’s Newsletter.
• FREE Annual Pass for ALL Business After Hours- Over a $120 Value, this pass allows free unrestricted access to one individual to represent your business to all Business After Hours, the largest Networking Meeting in the North Country.
• Discounted Sam's Club Membership Certificate
Every Tuesday, 2pm, to all 3300 emails of local business owners and employees. This is a group email, sent out among other advertisers. The average open rate for this email is 63%. Provide a 8.5"x 11" full color, web-ready, ad which will link to either a website or email address of choice.
Emails out to all 1800 emails of our database’s business owners and billing representatives. This email is sent out with your information only and will not be shared with any other advertiser. This is a full-color ad with event information, an accept and decline option, and an add to your outlook calendar link. The ad will also be placed on the chamber’s website under the community events calendar. The average open rate for this email is 56%. Payment must be made at least one week in advance of scheduled email blast. Space is limited/dates.
An animated advertisement will be placed over your primary category and every search that includes your business name. Having an animated banner places your listing at the top of every search and highlights it in blue. Through your member portal, you will be able to see the number of visitors each week who see the banner ad in any search made on the website. The ad will be a 480x60 pixel web-ready advertisement.
This advertisement will be placed in a central location on left side of every page of the Chamber's website. No matter which page a visitor is on, they will see your business advertisement. This is an excellent opportunity to reach the 7,000 visitors each month to the chamber’s website. Space is limited.
Improve upon the basic membership listing on the Chamber's website by adding a business logo, photo gallery, embedded video, a 1600 word business description, hours of operation, driving directions, and more. These improvements can be made instantly and turn your basic listing into an additional website for your business. The enhanced listing also adds a logo to your business name in every category search.
Additional Online & Print Directory Listing:
This adds an additional listing to your businesses listings, all businesses are limited to two. This will increase your exposure both online and in the printed directory.
Print Newsletter Advertising:
Advertise in the Chamber's print newsletter. The News & Views Newsletter is sent to 1000 local businesses/members in the area. Place an ad or have a full page insert placed. This is a chance to have your business information mailed to all your fellow members.
Chamber Directory Advertising:
Advertise in one of the most requested items produced by the Chamber. The Chamber's printed directory is sent to every current member, every new member, distributed on Fort Drum, also distributed at Chamber events and by various realtors in the area for new homeownership. Ad sizes range from 1/8 black and white to full page, full color. Packages are also available that include both the animated banner and enhanced listing.
Visitor's Guide Advertising:
Advertise in the summers best visitor guide for the area. This is the only visitor guide that focuses on the Greater Watertown area and includes listings for area attractions, accommodations, dining, and upcoming summer events. The guide is then distributed across NYS, Canada, and into PA. We print an average of 20,000 copies. Place a full color advertisement around a Jefferson County Road Map and have the location of your business placed on the map. Space is Limited.
The Chamber hosts over 30 events annually. Each event, from our popular Business After Hours to our Job & Career Expo, offers sponsorship opportunites for businesses big and small with all types of budgets. The sponsorship opportunities available can range and vary for each event. Overall, becoming a sponsor is an opportunity to promote on different level than traditional advertising streams. If you are interested in more information or have a specific event in mind you would like to participate in, please contact our Director of Events by email
or call (315) 788-4400.
For pricing or more information: